Saturday, March 30, 2013

RESCUE......

Yesterday I was futzing around doing things that no one would see done.  I decided I should go through several drawers of tops that I hadn't worn for a while and wash and iron them to refresh them.  I also pulled five black maxi dresses out of the closet that I hadn't put on for a while and washed them.  Talk about bored.

While I was ironing the tops I had a text from Veteran man asking if I wanted to go to lunch.  Now, I have been in the house for almost two weeks without going outside other then a walk to the mailbox, and getting out of here sounded like a great idea.  I was starting to feel like a recluse. I told him to give me an hour to get ready and I would be more then happy to go to lunch.

He arrived with a bouquet of flowers for me, always the caring, thinking man. Bruno should take a lesson.  We went to the Blue Water Grille in the District which is near by and had a very nice seafood lunch.  One thing about Veteran man is that he is very solicitous.  He really is just a friend and he talked about his girlfriend, that he is having trouble with, and I talked about my frustrating relationship with Bruno, that is if you can call it a relationship.

It was a very nice lunch, as the place has great food and the ambiance is lovely.  After lunch we went straight back to my house where he dropped me off and went on his way.  It is nice that although this man would like more from me never pushes it.  He knows where my interest lies and understands that I really only care about Bruno.....chemistry can be a bitch. You never like the people you should like. It's that old, " I like the bad boys best,"  fatal flaw on my part.

Today I have to final up the deviled eggs I promised to bring to the Easter brunch I'm attending at my friends house in Orange. Veteran man is also invited and since I have the eggs and a huge Lilly plant to take to her place I asked him to either meet me there to help carry things in or pick me up.  He opted to pick me up. I still have the boot on from my hammertoe surgery and really do need the help.

Bruno has either flown back to the States to be in the North with his grand kids, I'm sure his ex wife will be there too since they are her children not his, or is still in Spain. He keeps all the step children and grandchildren close which is admirable although I would like less ex-wife who seems to be there for every holiday for the last three years.  I don't do well sharing and struggle with not being totally pissed about the fact he has never once included me for a holiday or anything else in his life. I need to keep him in my life for several reasons, which shall remain private.  Other then the very strong chemistry on both of our parts I know that eventually we will say good bye to each other. But the timing isn't right at this point.

The last I heard from Bruno was a text on Thursday that said he had gone to the Old Town in Madrid and visited the site of the Inquisition and was headed for the museum, I'm assuming the Prada.  It had stopped raining so he was out and about.  I never remember what he tells me mostly because it changes so I don't commit it to memory.  He was either flying home Thursday night or not.  I do remember he said he would be back in the L.A. area Monday...so we may or may not see each other next weekend.

So another Easter tomorrow....this year is going by way to fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment