Monday, April 1, 2013

DAY AFTER....

Another Holiday over mostly successfully.  I usually dread all of the holidays and always have, but yesterday was just fine.

Vet man picked me up, as always he was early.  He was suppose to pick me up at noon and showed up forty five minutes early.  I think that being that early is just as bad as being late.  I do know that about him from all the meetings we attended last year. He brought me a Russel Stover Coconut Creme chocolate egg.  He is always baring gifts.

It was nice having help dragging thirty six deviled eggs and a huge Lilly plant to my friends house.  Vet man had met his girlfriend earlier that morning for coffee and it ended up with lots of drama.  He said she told him that he was the fault of making her miserable. I don't think he really likes her that much or he wouldn't be crabbing about having to drive twenty five minutes to see her.  Needless to say, I reminded him that Bruno will drive hours to see me. It will be interesting to see how long it will take before everything blows up for him with her.

I got an email from Bruno that said Happy Easter, however in the RE: area he put "You Know."  That, to me didn't relate to anything.  He has a tendency to assume that I can read his mind.  The more I thought about it the more up in the air that wording became for me.  I sent him an email late last night telling him I was being blond and what did he mean.....as I thought he meant you know it is Easter. Glad to get that one clarified.  Sometimes my mind goes to train crash thoughts....Bruno's wording.

The Easter brunch, which turned into a late afternoon brunch, was lovely.  My friend had her relatives, about fifteen of them for a sit down dinner.  Grandma's china, crystal and silver, very nice.  I'm always happy to see people do things correctly.  In this day and age it is usually buffets and sit wherever or casual BBQ's. The younger crowd, unless they come from lots of money, just do not put out the effort or work to present a table the way it should be. I just think for holidays it is nice to be formal.  Otherwise BBQ's and buffets are fine unless you are having tons of people

Vet man seemed uncomfortable and quiet which for me was a little strange for him.  I know that holidays are hard for him since his thirty three year old daughter passed away unexpectedly three years ago and the memories are still fresh.  I told him that she wouldn't have wanted him to be sad so he did make an effort by coming to the Brunch.

After dinner and before desert he wanted to leave.  Because he was the one that drove me I had no choice but to leave too.  He dropped me off and took off for whatever he had planned next. It was fine as I was tired and after several glasses of red wine was more then ready to go home and take a nap. Holidays have become a little strange through the years.  Everything changes!

My Bouncer/Tile Company owner sent me a Happy Easter text too.  I have a very casual, casual talking relationship with him and have never, nor will I, ever go out with him.  If you remember he is only fifty.  I am old enough to be his Mother, but he does keep reaching out.

So Monday is here and I have to decide what I need to do around the house.  I can't seem to focus on any one thing and God knows there are plenty of "one things" to do.





No comments:

Post a Comment