Friday, August 16, 2013

FUN NIGHT...

Last night, Thursday, I went to Houston's to meet my good friend and her ex husband for dinner. Yes, ex husband.  He had come in from New York City to attend his nephews graduation from film school.

I arrived early due to the fact that the parking is almost non existent if you arrive a little later in the evening.  Since I had about forty five minutes to wait I sat at the bar and ordered a club soda. I thought I'd wait to have a drink at the table.

While I was sitting there this man walked in and asked if he could sit at the seat next to me.  Be my guest, I don't own the stools.  He was a salesman from Chicago and after chatting with him for a while I found out he was in the restaurant supply business for Corporate offices and was in California for the restaurant show being held in L.A.

The other interesting thing was he had a son that had just graduated from Purdue and had completed an Internship at Timken Roller Bearing in Canton, Ohio, my home town in marketing. He said his son actually liked Canton and that there still was a Timken on the board of the company. I went to Timken High School .....small world.

I told him I was waiting for friends but he said if my friends didn't come he would like me to join him for dinner.  If they did come and my friends and I had dinner would I come back to the bar and join him for a drink.  Another lonely salesman...not going to happen. I did have dinner with my friends and I did NOT join him for a drink, although he was still sitting there after two hours.

My NY friend came in and we waited a little while for his wife to find parking.  It was great seeing him. He was kidding me about not leaving me alone for a minute because there was always some guy around hitting on me.

 I've stayed with him and my girlfriend in his condo in NY.  The condo is on the upper Westside close to Central Park and located on the Hudson.  The building was originally a Trump building but had been sold to someone else. I can't imagine what the rent is as I know that a small two bedroom is $10,000. a month in NYC  His place is big, two bedrooms, two baths, prior to that he was in a Brownstone that I visited previously. He is quite the man about town in NYC and is well known all over the city.

Anyway, it was a fun reunion and they issued an invitation to me and another friend to come to the beach house in Laguna on Sunday for a BBQ to celebrate the graduation.

My life certainly has its ups and downs.  One never knows what a week will bring.


No comments:

Post a Comment