Saturday, April 6, 2013

ANOTHER WEEKEND....

This last week flew by.  I had a call from a man that I met several weeks ago asking me to join him for lunch.  Since I've mostly been in the house I thought I'd meet him.  He suggested a restaurant I had never heard of near the Orange County Airport.  When I finally found the place it ended up being a location where there use to be a restaurant called Blackbeards.  Of course being California it was a brand new building.

This man has his own tech company with thirty five employees.  He is of Indian descent and I totally forgot he smoked.  A deal breaker for any other meetings in the future.  He wanted to go to the beach after we finished lunch and since it was early I agreed. Big mistake.

Sometimes you just have to follow your first instinct to not meet someone that is out of your comfort zone.  He was respectful but also had in his mind that this was going to be more then just a lunch.  I have never understood a guy that thinks just because he buys you a meal you are willing to jump into bed with him.  It really makes me not want to go out with anyone.

We drove down to Newport Beach and the weather was cool.  Way to cool to sit outside. I was counting the minutes that I could say goodbye and thank God he needed to get back to whatever it was he needed to get back to.  That was of course when he realized that I wasn't going to have anything to do with him.  As bad a Bruno can be he is way more preferable to most of the men out there, although I haven't heard from him since last Monday, he can be such a stinker. I think we will be having a stand off since I'm not emailing him and the ball  is in his court. I'll see how long it takes him to realize all is silent on this end.

My girlfriend sent me an email yesterday and asked me to meet her at the Orange Elks for their fish fry on Friday night.  I had hauled myself up to the market and by the time I got my shopping done and gassed the car I was pooped. This toe doesn't make it easy to get around. I sent an email back saying I'd take a rain check.

Another week and this pin will be out of my toe.  The toe thing worked out okay but now it is sore, where it wasn't before.

My brother called a little while ago and we talked for about an hour.  He was sitting in his hot tub enjoying the weather.  Today it is overcast here and the wind is suppose to come up later on this weekend.  He and I can talk for a long time about a myriad of things.

I need to think about what I'm going to do today so I'll sign off. I


No comments:

Post a Comment