Sunday, April 21, 2013

DUST UP......

I think, I finally have had a "come to Jesus" moment with Bruno.  He has pulled and said one thing to many that has put me over the edge.

He had established when we met that our relationship was going to be casual.  I accepted that and we have been going out for almost three years on that premise.  However, being casual and having other women rubbed in my face is not acceptable.

When he came to see me Wednesday after almost five weeks he wasn't in the house five minutes when he announced he was going to a fund raising dinner Saturday night and asked me to guess who his date was.  He had mentioned this before he left for Spain, but I had forgotten the whole thing.  Well out of his mouth came the Swedish model/actress Maude Adams.  She was in the James Bond movies and was Octopussy.  I didn't say anything at the time, but after he left I got angry and sent him an email that told him he wasn't very smart for a smart man.

Let's face it, casual or not, a women doesn't want to hear about another women, especially when the man she is with has beddy bye plans and announces this little bit of news.  I sent him a scathing email and in response got a since we had this "dust up," his words ,he felt neither one of us would have a pleasant evening Friday and he wasn't driving down. Boy was he right on that one.  He did have the courtesy to say it was a very hard decision.

I thought about all of the things he has pulled in all the time I've known him and decided for my sanity I needed to end this relationship.  It was a hard decision on my part but I know no matter how painful it is I need to stop seeing him.  It is so hard at my age to find anyone that is acceptable and in my wisdom I've again, gone for the "bad boy."  Guess we never grow up.

Since we met online I thought it only fitting that I end it, by email, online.  The interesting thing is the response I got from him mentioned nothing about my email saying I was saying good bye to him.    He just said he had gone to bed early Friday night, ALONE...... that statement was not related to anything I had put in my email.  He has done this before.  I think he thinks if he ignores things that it it will go away.

I received his above non response on Saturday.  He keeps saying let the dust settle.  I know he is leaving town this coming week and will be gone until the middle of the week following.  After a back and forth exchange, I ended up saying I was trying to be Zen at this point and he said " great, lets both be Zen."

Of course nothing has changed.  He still went out with Maude, although he said it wasn't a date and he hadn't asked her but had been included as a one man show to go to this fund raiser for the LA mayor's. race by his Swedish friends. Actually she probably is perfect for him.  Five foot nine, (my height) sixty eight, attractive and famous and lives in Los Angeles.  Whether he spent the night with her is up for grabs.  It is Hollywood/Beverly Hills after all.  He had previously dated Julie Newmar who just turned eighty, so older women, who are famous, are in his DNA. I remember asking him one time, "why since he knew all these high powered women he was dating me."  That response was it was because he liked me. Yeah right.....just not enough.  I will no longer put up with being second best.

I don't know if I will ever hear from him again after the exchange we had and frankly I hope that this is the end.  I can't keep doing this yo-yo thing with him and his inability to commit to anything drives me crazy. I'm tired of being upset and I've probably have cried more tears over him then I have my whole life over anyone.  This isn't me and I deserve better then to be someone's booty call when he is in town.  Of course I figure not many women will put up with his being gone all the time.

So, we will see if the above holds true and I can get on with my life.....I certainly hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment