Wednesday, April 3, 2013

THE TOE.........

I had my stitches taken out today on my left toe and was pleasantly surprised that it was number one painless, and number two,  hardly bruised or swollen.  I was really dreading this surgery and it turned out to be one of the best I've ever had.  Go figure!  Goes to show one should not look at YouTube as everyone is different.  YouTube freaked me out!

I also thought that I would have to wear this ugly shoe/boot for another month and a half and the doctor said that as soon as the pin is removed, which is April 15th, I can start to wear regular shoes.

After I had the stitches out I had plans to go to dinner with a long time and very good girlfriend of mine.  She came to the house and we went to BJ's where we sat for three hours talking.  After dinner we came back to the house and talked for another hour.  She has been a long time partner in crime and is the only person I know that is almost of the same thinking as I am....refreshing.

My friend and her husband are leaving for their home in England soon.  They use to have their own private jet, which was wonderful, but due to the economy sold it.  They have chartered a plane to go to England.  The reason for the charter and not Commercial is due to the fact she wants to take her three dogs with her to her England house not to mention that commercial flying these days is the pits.

If I had know that they were going to do that I would have hitched a ride, although the timing is lousy with toes etc. they will be there for four months, so perhaps if things go okay physically and financially for me, I may take a little trip.

I had an email from Vetman and he called a meeting of the original committee for the Second Annual Marine Corp Birthday Ball.  I don't really know if I want to get involved again, but probably will.

I did have a nice Get Well card from the head of the Fashion Show that is being held soon.  Normally about three hundred or so attend this event.  She said she really missed me being in the Show.  I do think my days of tromping a ramp are over.  Modeling and doing promotional shows for years is what got my feet in the trouble they are in, not to mention my knees. Those pointy toes shoes are murder and I still wore them up until a couple months ago.

Seems maintenance takes up a lot of my time.  Maintenance on myself and maintenance on the house.  It is a never ending saga.

Nothing from the boys so far, Bruno sent an email in answer to a question from me on Monday.  I'm sure he is up to his you know what in alligators.

Life goes on and I need to get cracking.




No comments:

Post a Comment