Monday, April 15, 2013

BUSY DAY.....

Wow, why is it that the weekends are so dead and the week is just crazy.  Of course going anywhere to do anything on the weekends in California is something you don't want to do if you can help it.  Way to many people.

I started out this morning going to LensCrafters to drop my frames off so they could put my new glass prescription lenses in. They frames, which I bought last year, are Versace, and I paid a fortune for them.  I wasn't about to buy new frames.  I told them, even though they do things in an hour I'd be back in the afternoon to pick them up.

The next thing was driving to South County to go to the Orthopedic doctor to get ex rays and the pin out of my toe.  I have to say, it was not a problem.  I never even felt them remove the pin.  The
PA that removed it asked me if I wanted to keep it.......really?  Why in the world would I want to do that.

After the above I  drove back to Irvine, went to PetCo to pick up some new cat toys for the "kids," then to TJMaxx to use a dollar amount coupon that was going to expire. Off to Costco to get paper goods and a few other things, then back to Lenscrafters to pick up the finished glasses.  I called my friend Nancy to tell her I was on my way. she needed 8 1/2 x 11 paper and thought they still made typing paper.  Computer paper is the method of things now.  She is eighty seven so she was still thinking typing paper.  The kids at Office Max didn't know what she was talking about. I stopped at a drive through to get something to eat after seeing her.  I had four other things to do, but thought I'd shelve them until tomorrow.  Enough is enough, not to mention I had to carry everything in the house and garage and still had ironing that needed done.
\
Sunday I heard from Bruno, although I wasn't home to get the call. I had gone to Staples, Trader Joe's, and Home Depot.  He arrived from Spain at 1:00 a.m. Sunday morning.  He said he would call me Monday afternoon and give him a day to decompress and get on California time.  It was a fourteen hour flight and he was tired even if he did travel First Class.

True to form, Bruno didn't call me Monday afternoon, but at a little after 8:00 a.m. Monday morning.  He was standing in line at the DMV.  Seems that his secretary never filed a non operational on a Bronco he has stored in his warehousesince 2004 and he owed a bunch of money to the DMV  Since he can't prove it wasn't used, he is going to have to pay it.

  Bruno asked me what I was doing on Wednesday.  I have two appointments.  One with the dermatologist and my hair dresser appointment. He said he would be down in the afternoon. if that was okay....since I haven't seen him for weeks, it was more then okay.  We also are going to have a date night on Friday. He really is my nemesis. We are like two teenagers together.

My girlfriend who is going through a divorce, sent me a text and was upset about her taxes and should she file with or without her soon to be ex husband.  She makes way more money then he does and she is afraid she will be nailed with a lot of taxes.

So things are getting semi back to normal.  Still have a lot of things to do this week but seeing Bruno and playing catch up will be fun.

Off to iron.


No comments:

Post a Comment