Sunday, April 28, 2013

WEEKEND AND COUNTING...

My standby Vet man is back from the Cayman Islands and called today.  He asked me out to dinner for Monday night.  I have a friend that is after him and she has no idea that we see each other occasionally.  All of us are on the Marine Corp Ball Committee so we will be seeing each other once or twice a month, if not more.  I did see him at the meeting last week but it was short and sweet.  He left afterward to go to another meeting and I left to go home.

It is another weekend, God the time goes fast, and I at least got a few things done.  Two cabinets in the service porch cleaned out and organized, ironing, watering plants, vacuuming, which I do everyday and various little things to take up the day.  Around 3:30 I pooped out and fell asleep on the sofa for a half an hour.

I should make it a point to go out as the weather is beautiful.  In the high 80's.  I haven't even gone out to the mailbox and it is after six.  Guess I should make an effort to walk the one hundred and eighty steps and pick up the mail.

I'm continuing this on Sunday.  I've been awake since 7:30.  Today is the day I get myself prepared for the colonoscopy I'm having tomorrow.  A very good friend of mine is coming up from South County to take me for this lovely ordeal.  I'm hoping this is the last of my maintenance appointments for the year. I'm not hungry, which is a good thing since you can only have clear fluids. To wile away the time I've been reading my Kindle and dozing. How productive.

Nothing much else to write about right now as everything has been quite on the home front.and I am hoping it stays that way.




No comments:

Post a Comment