Wednesday, April 10, 2013

SIX MORE DAYS......

I have six more days to get this annoying pin removed from my toe.  I"m afraid to walk anywhere without my surgery shoe.  I'm trying not to bend the pin so it removes easily.  It is really a pain, literally, to have to get up at night and grope around to put the shoe on.

Last night I met a girlfriend at Quinn's for fried chicken.  The best in town.  I love this gal, but she is never on time.  I know she works and it is hard to leave the business she is in, but she was forty five minutes late. I think I will have to put this in my radar and arrive places, when I meet her, accordingly.

Quinn's is a great restaurant, but so loud.  Last night it was made louder by one screaming little boy.  The place doesn't cater to children and the noise level is bad enough without a badly behaved mother adding her child to the mix.  You would have thought this child was alone for all the discipline he received.  Spare me from the younger generation.  She was more interested in the boyfriend who was trying to engage this little boy then taking care of her boy.

I had a text message from the lawyer that lives on the" Hill" while I was waiting at the table at the restaurant.  He asked me how my foot was doing.  I texted him fine and told him I was at Quinn's waiting for a girlfriend for dinner.  I got a reply that said "Boo",  he was sitting at the bar.  I waved and kept my fingers crossed he didn't come over to the table.  He didn't, thank God.  I have no interest in him.  He is an old fart and I think married.  Married or single I wouldn't have anything to do with him as he is fat , old and a drunk.  He copied my number down while I was giving it to a girl that wanted to invite me to her birthday party and when he originally sent me a text a month or so ago I had no idea who he was.  Unfortunately I learned.  Sneaky Pete!  Ick!

Bruno communicated and said that he was scheduled to come home this coming Saturday.  All the work he is doing on this project has a lot at stake.  The South African government is involved and  Bruno is in Spain because the legal documents and contracts are being handled there.  I try not to ask to much and he usually tells me what is going on.  He did say he was being exceptionally good because this project had a lot at stake for people and there was no entertainment of any kind involved.  I know he will hit the ground running when he gets back, but he did say he missed me, in so many words.  So we will see how soon he surfaces when he gets back.  Since things change with him I can't count on him actually flying out Saturday to come home. I have learned not to worry about it.

Vet man is leaving for the Caymans to join his daughter at a time share he has there.  He has been in a flap over breaking up with his girlfriend.  I'm hoping things will settle down for him when he gets time to decompress in the Islands.  He also works with about thirty vets a day at the veterans hospital to get them through the paper work.  He does this because he likes it, as he has enough money, but sometimes it gets to be way to much.

My hair appointment, today, got screwed up so it will be next week. My hairdresser has another job selling Bobbie Brown makeup so we do things by iPhone,  Always room for error.

So today I will stay home and do somethings around here.




No comments:

Post a Comment