Monday, June 6, 2011

A GOOD DEED...

Today was the day I met the older man for lunch.  He was very nice and was waiting for me with roses from his garden.  He was young looking and very conversational.  Again, he was ready to start cooking together and going out.  What is it with these men and cooking?  I think it is very nice that they want to do that, but I really think it would be better to wait until you know someone to suggest that scenario.

I had a very nice lunch and talk with him but I determined that we were worlds apart in thinking and way of life.  Think Sara Palin versus Clinton or Obama.  He had been in the military for thirty years and had buried two wives.  Hmmm.

He emailed me after the lunch and wanted to take me out for dinner Saturday night.  I sent him a return email saying no thank you and the usual verbage. I'm  really getting to be a pro at brushing men off.  I liked him as a person but not enough to want to see him again.  So another prospect bites the dust, if it was even a prospect.

After lunch I met the ladies from the Emblem Club at the Veterans home to give them new blankets, sheets and pillows.  The men are so grateful for anything we do for them.  It is a good feeling to know that you can give to a group that are so appreciative and one that is local, at least you know who is getting what.

Tomorrow is another Veterans meeting to discuss how we can raise funds.  We are also packing boxes with items to be sent to Afghanistan for the troops fighting over there.  We collect candy,( no chocolate,) jerky, magazines, t-shirts, toiletries, toothbrushes, paste, hand soap, etc.

So with all that being said, I will sign off until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment