Thursday, June 30, 2011

SENIOR MOMENT.....

Even my computer is having a senior moment.  Nothing but problems with the new laptop.  This too shall pass.

It finally happened.  I had a email from a man that said, "are we still on for tomorrow."  On for what?  I couldn't remember emailing him or making any kind of plans including, remembering h is name. Early stages of Alzheimer's or I just have too many people in my life.

I emailed the man back and told him that I had been so busy, which was the truth, and that I had forgotten to write anything down, which I obviously did, and would he please refresh my memory.  We made arrangements to meet the next day in San Juan Capistrano for lunch.

I sailed down the freeway.   Normally it takes about twenty minutes to a half hour to drive the twenty miles.  This time I made it in a little over fifteen minutes.  I was a little early and the store next to the restaurant was having a Sale.  I ran into the the place and managed to try on and purchase a animal print dress in a nano second.

After making my purchase I went to the restaurant next door and waited in the lobby.  Shortly thereafter this tall grey haired man came in.  He was a lot better looking then his picture, which I had looked up on the site before I left for the town down south that I was to meet him.

After we were seated and had ordered our ice teas, I asked him what he did for a living. He replied that he was a psycho therapist and had his own practice.  Oh goody!  Free mental health.  He was reserved at the beginning. as the lunch progressed he was a little more chatty and interesting. He had a tendency to ask a lot of question and want to know about the people I know and my feelings about life.  The therapist coming out in him.  I have to say I find writing this Blog therapy and a heck of lot cheaper.

It was a pleasant lunch but I had no desire to see him again.   He also lived near San Diego which did make it close for either of us.

The following day was Nancy's birthday.  I had taken my step grand kids to lunch and then drove down to see Nancy.  I took her a piece of chocolate cake since I think everyone should have some sort of cake for their birthday.  After spending a little time with her I drove to the alteration place to pick up a dress I had left for redoing.

I was meeting another guy from another site.  This man had contacted me for almost a year and I finally relented.  He was Irish, fairly portly, but nice looking.  Also in his seventies.  I met him for an early dinner.  He was a lot of fun and we had a great conversation for several hours.  It is amazing how you can appreciate all the different types of people that are out there.  He was respectful, no sexual comments and I enjoyed him for the moment.

On the drive down to the restaurant I had a cell phone call from a man that again, I didn't recognize.  Senior moments are coming more often.  He was a semi retired lawyer and was interested in going out.  I told him I would have to think about it and he should call me the following day.

Then Mr. Studio Man called and said he had made reservations at a beach restaurant for us on Sunday night.  When I pulled into the parking lot MP was calling.(I think the boys are on the move) I thought MP was calling me because of an email I had sent  him, but no he was just calling.  Not something he usually does unless we have something planned or he is coming down to see me.  We had such a good time last week and everyone that saw us said we made a striking couple. We have so much fun going  out together.

I think the reason I can't get interested in anyone else, although I'm trying, is that he is so much fun and we have a great connection together.  He was date number two last year and he has been a constant.

So we will see what the day and tomorrow brings. I haven't been writing much due to my computer problems and now  hope they are fixed and I can continue on.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment