Thursday, June 16, 2011

Romance Novel Men....

Back to the purpose of this Blog.  The guys, that I've been hearing from, the last couple of days, I swear have either taken English Literature or studied to write romance novels.  The prose that comes my way is way over the top.  It is a good thing I don't believe my own Press.

Some of the examples I've received the last four days are as follows: Sexxxxxxxyyyyyyy!, from a Spanish man.  a man in his thirties that wrote a full page of text of which I'll only quote a couple lines, "I know that every day our hearts would be each others and our feelings become more passionate.  Your heart would be fixed by me, all depends if you give me the chance to show you how much I care. and so forth, another thirty something, I don't think so!!)...........a Nevada man, DAMN. You are WOW!! Hello sexy lady.  I like your profile and photos.  Would love to learn more about you.  Please get back to me.  DAMN!! You are an attractive Woman.  I LOVE the words you wrote...Be still My Heart. From someone across the country.  To tell you how much I liked your profile...you're incredibly attractive, intelligent, sexy!!! Also very cute, healthy, cool and gorgeous.  Your newest admirer, A man in his fifties:  Again, a full page of prose.  "I could hardly understand what I feel for your picture and if I can feel for your picture like this then how will you be in person.  I hope you understand that it's a pouring of the heart, which I cannot keep inside of me after seeing your picture.  You are beautiful in my eyes." etc. etc. Another guy in his fifties: "Hi good looking."  You must drive men crazy you are beautiful A man from Arizona:  "Loree, you are a Stunner!! I'd like to meet you on my next LA visit." Arizona again:  "You are stunningly beautiful.  I would relocate for a women as beautiful as you."etc. etc.

It seems to me that men that write to you and say these things right off the bat are a little disingenuous.  I would like to think that women don't write to the men on these sites saying these things. I very seldom write to anyone unless politely answering and thanking them for contacting me.  I would hate to think where the emails would go should I answer more in their vein.  

I personally don't think my pictures are that provocative.  I'm dressed, not sexily, most are head shots, and I only wrote what I wanted in a man, strong, masculine, tall, although they mostly don't pay attention to the tall part, (I think they all think they are six foot tall no matter what.) etc, and put a little of my background in the body of the profile. I'm beginning to think I must be conveying something that I don't mean to convey.  Either that or the men think that by writing these things you will be thrilled to meet them.

I would hate to think what would happen if I decided to go all out and dress like a Playboy
Bunny...yeh right, at my age!!

I heard from my Studio Man today.  He was supposed to call me last night and didn't.  Well, big family emergency with a parent that fell and broke a hip etc.  He was exhausted as he had been up all night.

Nothing else big to report.  Just trying to get through the emails which at times are funny and at time come across as needy.  Maybe we are all needy in one way or the other.  I know I sure have my moments.

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment