Saturday, May 21, 2011

After the "date"

A new restaurant, Italian, in an old location.  The food was delicious and it was a big surprise considering that everything that has ever gone into this particular location has failed miserably.

The man, my age, who took me out last night , was very comfortable to be with, although like I said before, no spark for me.  It was just a pleasant night.  He was so sweet after the dinner.  He walked me to my car and asked if he could give me a kiss.  Now, this is a rarity.  I can't remember the last time someone has asked if it was alright.  Chalk one up to being a gentleman.

I asked him what he was looking for and his answer was he wanted a significant other.  He has been a widower for two years.  I'm certainly not looking for that, at least at this point in my life. Being with someone for so long has made me appreciate the freedom of being alone.

There are times, of course, that it can be lonely.  I do have a very full life and most days are filled with things to do.  I either have a lunch, dinner, meeting, or various errands that take up the days.  Usually the weekends are the hardest to deal with.  I need to start painting or doing something to fill those two days up.

Tomorrow being Sunday, I'm meeting another guy,my age, for brunch/lunch. I guess I am lucky that I can pretty much go out at will...sometimes it does become a chore.  My whole purpose is to have a nice time and not get involved with anyone seriously.

So with the above being said, I'm going to watch t.v. and then go to bed. 

Nite-Nite

No comments:

Post a Comment