Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday....

A few unexpected things have happened the last twenty four hours.  I'm trying to be calm and understanding, but since I have a tendency to be anything but calm, it is hard.

First I'll go into the good things.  I did hear from the man I had dinner with the other night and he said he thought we would be great together, not from my end of the spectrum.  Then last night I heard from a man that asked me to lunch today.  I decided to meet him.  He was willing to drive to my neck of the woods, so why not. 

He turned out to be a very nice man who had lost his wife several years ago.  There we again with that word nice and normal.  He was just your run of the mill average Joe that had worked as a salesman, retired and then lost his wife. He also was my age, but looked younger.  Good for him.  Most men my age look way past it. It was a nice lunch but I know I won't see him again.  I keep sifting through the men out there and I figure one of these days I will find someone that actually excites me, that is besides MP.

Now for the reason I'm trying to remain calm and understanding.  I received a phone call from MP yesterday afternoon.  I wasn't home and the message on the phone was a little garbled but the gist of it was that our date was canceled this coming Saturday night. 

He had to fly to the East Coast due to an ex family member having a serious health problem. I did ask him why he was going if it was an ex relative and his statement was they had asked to talk to him. Since they may be at death's door he felt he should go. I guess I should be glad he is Mr. Loyal and Caring.  However, with that being said, I just despise being on the bottom of the list and that's anyone's list.

  I called MP back as he had requested, but I had to leave a voice mail message.  He did call me back and went into detail about what was going on.  More information the I really wanted or cared to know.  He said he was returning home on Monday.

So again, he cancelled on me.  I emailed him telling him, and this was before I talked to him, that I wasn't happy and had about had it with the whole cancellation scenario.  He can charm the birds out of the trees and sound so sorry about things.  What a crock, but I do really like him and there isn't anyone else to replace him yet, so I will try and mellow out and take things as I get them.

After lunch today I came home to write this and to read the paper.  Tonight I'm headed out to an Emblem Club Meeting at the Elks.  I do have a chance to meet a man for coffee tomorrow, but I'm going to pass on that.  He is a year younger, but again looks ancient. I'd rather be home alone, bored, then out and bored with someone that isn't of interest.

I'll keep you up to date on what happens with MP next week.  I swear 10% of me wants to kick him to the curb and the other 90% wants to keep him around.  Of course the fact is he is never around so maybe the curb is a good idea.  I just don't want to shoot myself in the foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment