Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Busy, busy....

Last night I did go to the Elks for a meeting and to have dinner.  It is interesting to me that so many men from the police department are members.  They are fun to talk to but I always think they are sitting there with guns strapped to their ankles.  Maybe they are.

It was a long meeting since there were thirteen new members being brought in to the Lodge.  The main reason I went was to go to the Veterans meeting.  Functions have to be planned for this year to raise money for the Vets and we need to come up with some new ideas.

I'm co chairing a Fashion Show on November 19, 2011 and I touched base with the gal that is in charge.  We set up a meeting in June with the volunteers, to start organizing things.

Now on to the men.  Remember the man I went out with for lunch and then dinner the following night.  He left a message on my cell and invited me to come to his house for dinner on either Thursday or Friday.  Guess I wasn't out of his league. 

He is a very nice man, my age and at least available more then MP is.  I can fill in my time with him once in a while.  I was honest with him when I told him I wasn't ready for any type of committed relationship and I certainly hope he heard what I was saying.  We'll see if he is like every other man and has selective hearing or he really listened.

MP flew back from the East coast and called me last night while I was on my way to my meeting.  He returned late Monday and was in a flap about his business. Seems his people weren't doing what they were suppose to be doing and he was ready to make heads roll.  He will be tied up all this week and is not close by.  More like one hundred and fifty miles or so away for the jobs that he has going on.  We might get together next week....heard that one before, haven't you?  Me too.

I had a couple emails from a few sites that were just crazy.  One was from a thirty six year old that wanted to cuddle in front of a movie.  Nothing like seeing your grandson.  I didn't answer him.  Then there was another one that just said, "in praise of older women, " he wanted to chat, off he goes too.  He was forty nine.  The young are too young and the old too old.  Isn't there a happy medium.

Today I'm headed to San Clemente to meet with a few of the women that I go to Hawaii with and we will have lunch down there somewhere.  Just what I need, more food.  I have been keeping my weight pretty static so my choices seem to be working.  I do try to keep it around fifteen hundred calories a day and no more the two thousand..  It is easier then you think, especially since my husband is no longer alive and I don't have to just have meat.  I can eat Lean Cusine's, chicken and fish, which he would never touch.

So until tomorrow.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment