Friday, May 13, 2011

A FEW GOOD MEN...

Yesterday I had lunch with an eighty six year old man.  I was curious to see if he would be anyone that I might be interested in down the line.  WRONG!  He was a perfectly nice man and actually was pretty with it.  The only thing I found wrong was his living in the past.

He was still trying to get over the death of his wife, which I understood, even though it was three years ago.  She had been fourteen years his junior and he had been married to her for twelve years.

The thing I found odd was he was still allowing his upbringing by a very stern father who was a task master, cloud his life. One would think that at his age you would let go of that part of your life.  I guess some people are affected more then others, but heavens, eighty six is time to let it go.

So other then the above and the fact that he had dyed his hair that god awful red brown older men seem partial to, it was an okay lunch.  Oh, yes, one more thing was his diet.  He only ate brown rice and beans.  No salt, oil and anything that he deemed harmful.  I assured him that when ones time is up it is up, but he thought this diet would prolong his breathing by years.  He was as thin as a rail and my belief is you better have a little fat on you should you become ill.  More to work off of at that point.  To each their own.

Last night I had dinner with Cathy, who has returned to California, and Nancy.  We are the Three Musketeers.  Three drinks, dinner and hours later we caught up with each others lives and had a great time.  Gulfstream in Newport Beach is one of our favorite restaurants.

I've heard from several guys that have been around for a while.  Two want to make plans for next week.  One is the Israeli who I'm having dinner with on Tuesday night.  He sounds like a very interesting man, although not tall.  Personality may help that flaw plus he is age appropriate.  Seventy six. 

Then my fifty five year old that looks like MP is trying to make plans, plus a man I have seen several times that is from Ohio has asked to see me again..  Those  and MP who is knee deep in construction alligators due to the fact an employee has gone AWOL for the week.  MP is leaving the state and will be gone next week on a job in Texas but has assured me that I can take it to the bank that we are going out next Saturday night.  We'll see.  One thing I've learned with him is not to plan.  Talk about ADD, he has it for sure.

This morning I went to the Honda Dealership to replace a plastic cover I broke off the side view mirror trying to get out of my tiny garage door the other afternoon.  It is so frustrating.  The garage is one of those that when you pull in you must pull over to the right or you can't get the driver's door open.  You would think I'd learn after fourteen years of living in this house.  But no.

Then off to Frederick's of Hollywood to get some beige thigh highs and Macy's to get perfume and face cleanser etc.  Now I'm home for the day and waiting for clothes to dry so I can iron and put them away. 

Seems everyday is filled.  Until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment