Saturday, May 28, 2011

Boring.....

After a week that was filled with so many appointments, lunches, meetings and whatever it ended on a note that made me decide to not keep seeing people I wasn't really interested in.

As I reported the age appropriate man invited me to his house for dinner.  Again, he is very nice, but not someone I can see myself with for any good reason.  He did make a very nice dinner for me.  Considering he doesn't cook, he did a pretty good job.  BBQ chicken, spinach, brown rice, salad and snacks prior to dinner.  Of course with wine at dinner and drinks before dinner.

I was thinking while I was there with him that it was all very pleasant.  He had a well kept home and it was comfortable.  Towards the end of the dinner I found myself mentally drifting off to other things.  If one wants to say someone is "vanilla", he certainly was.  The reason I say that is MP talked to me last night, and I was bitching about how complicated his life was and his comment was I wouldn't like it if he was Vanilla.  He is absolutely right, however I don't much like Rocky Road either.

So back to Mr. Nice Guy.....he said, as we were sitting at the table he said, "your going to run off, aren't you?"  My standard excuse is the "dog", in most cases this is true. I told him I needed to get home.  Being a man he wanted to kiss me, which I allowed.  I left and thought that was that. 

I had an email from him on my  iPhone as I was driving home that was totally inappropriate and then another asking if we could go away for two or three days.  Good Lord, even the bland, nice ones think with their zippers. I guess those couple of kisses made him want more.    His emails made it so much easier for me to email him this morning and tell him I had no interest in going away or seeing him again.  Another one bites the dust!

The only constant is MP, who isn't constant, but at least I hear from him all the time. There is no accounting for chemistry and it is on both of our sides.  So, I will see what happens this coming week.  The jobs MP has going all have a deadline and his crews are working this weekend and Memorial Day to achieve that end.  MP keeps saying this next weekend we will see each other, but as I have said before, I've learned not to count my chickens with him.

I keep so busy with so many things that most of the time it doesn't bother me.  This coming week, for me, is no exception.  So, I will see if it ends up being Rocky Road or Butter Pecan.  I know with MP it will never be Vanilla.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment