Sunday, May 8, 2011

HOME AGAIN...

Sunday, Mother's Day.....spent the day traveling by air from Aspen to Denver to Orange County.  For some reason there is only one flight on United that comes into Orange County, which meant I had a four hour layover in Denver.  It actually wasn't too bad. m I ended up having French onion soup and a glass of wine while waiting, and then reading my book for the balance of the time.

The time I was in Colorado was well spent.  I got to see all the people I love and some that I don't...but it was a nice and the weather was beautiful which made it all the better.  My brother and his wife are always gracious hosts.

The main purpose going to Colorado was to see my grand daughter graduate from college.  It was very nice and she is adorable.  Not only is she a great gal, she is very smart.  She graduated with a 4.0 average, which is a big achievement.  Kudos to her.

While I was there I heard from more then a few men via my iPhone.  One man from BC sent me an email that was in praise of older women.  He said he really wanted to talk to me via cell phone.  Since I'll probably never see him, I'm debating whether or not to talk to  him.  His age is forty nine.  Good heavens where are the age appropriate men? Probably all dead.

Then there was the Israeli that was actually age appropriate. He was seventy six, lived not to far from me and gave me his credentials which were really impressive.  He was a widower, had been in the Israeli Army, a Professor, worked on the space program in California and said he was an inventor.  Now, one would think that would be a big draw, plus he stated his income was over $150K.  The drawback was he is only 5'9", although he assured me he had dated models that were tall and after the first date the height thing went away.  Even though he said he was fit and a health nut I still have visions of having to take care of an older man.  Not on my list.  Although I may meet to him to see what's up.

There was one man that showed up on my daily matches that was attractive and sixty two.  He was retired and lived about forty miles from me, not far by California standards.  I broke a rule and contacted him, only because he was so good looking.  He emailed back and told me I was beautiful and what did I think about his profile.  I haven't answered him yet.

For all of you that are concerned about me seeing so many different men, I have to remind you that from the age of fifteen to thirty, I probably went out with over fifteen hundred men.  If there is one thing I know, is men.  This isn't my first beauty show and I NEVER invite them to my home or meet them at night.  I will say I did meet one at night   , but only because he was from my home town and he knew a lot of people I did.  That was at Ruth Chris's and I drove there.  The other was the same scenario.  I drove to meet him at the restaurant.  He was seventy six and a nice man, but not my type.  So everyone, rest easy.

I talked to MP, who had just returned from Atlanta.  He left a message at the house the morning I left.  I texted him when I got to the airport at 6:00 a.m. and he texted back saying, " I just left you a message, call me."  I did and we had a great chat prior to me leaving.  We are supposed to go out this Saturday night to dance, but he said he wasn't sure and didn't want to promise and get in trouble if he couldn't.  Smart man!    

So, now it is catch up time and this week is going to be a busy one.

Happy Mother's Day to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment