Saturday, April 16, 2011

DINNER DATE...

I had my dinner date with the "age appropriate" man.  This date of course puts me out of Cougar mode.  He is seventy six.  Although his age didn't make a big difference as he was very personable and upbeat.  The only thing he kept saying that rather put me off was, that I didn't have much time left.  Geez, he didn't have to keep reminding me of that for sure.

He was a widower and then married someone else and was divorced from that union.  He is at a different point in his life then I am right now.  He has been dating for ten years.  I've had only months of being alone. He wants someone to love him and to be able to travel and do things with him. I'm not ready to make any commitment to anyone.  I want to leave all my options open and just have fun.

We had a very nice dinner at an upscale restaurant.  I ordered Pesce Bianco, which was done in a parchment paper with a lovely white fish and scallop, garlic, tomatoes and wine. It came with small roasted potatoes and sauteed spinach.  What's not to like?  He ordered a European Sea Bass that looked wonderful too.

This restaurant was one of my favorites but kind of went off my radar for years.  I remember once, for my birthday, my Mother and Father took me and my husband there for dinner.  It was a disaster.  As I said it was an upscale restaurant and when you order things, they don't tell you the price.  If you have to ask, you shouldn't be there.  Well, my Father, who wasn't fond of the nationality running the place, was so irate when the waiter looked down his nose at him when he requested prices, the whole evening was ruined. My Father had a point, but he totally overreacted instead of taking it in stride. Nothing ever easy.

To go on with the date...we had a really nice conversation but he did announce he wanted to find someone to share his life as he was going to try and sell his company and retire for the second time.  He had had several relationships with women for several years but nothing came of any of them.

We spent about three hours together and it was a very nice evening.  We walked to the valet to retrieve our cars and he said he would like to see me again.  Since he lives in my area that is a possibility.  At least it wasn't a disaster like some of the dates I've had.  So, we will see what happens.  I think you have to like someone and see where things go.

On another note, MP and I aren't going out tonight.  He called me several times yesterday and the prognosis was he had an infected jaw from his tooth removal.  Needless to say he was cranky and not in a good mood and mad at the dentist.  Of course the day he had the tooth out he flew.  Not a good idea.  He had gone back to see the dentist, had a shot, then picked up some antibiotics. He is hunkering down this weekend trying to recover.  He promised to see me on a couple days next week, but I'm busy so I don't know if that will transpire.

The day, yesterday, was busy prior to my dinner date.  I went in for a facial, eyelash tint and my wonderful gal that does everything for me included a free back scrub.  The back scrub was because I sent her a client.  After that I went over to a friends house who doesn't drive and had lost his caregiver. I took him to the grocery store and then back to his home.  My good deed for the day.

So, today I'm staying home and playing catch up.  I hope you all have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment