Thursday, April 14, 2011

DINNER....

MP called and didn't get back to town until the wee hours.  On top of that he is in pain with his dental problem so ended up sleeping in until noon and then making an appointment with his dentist to go in to see if the area is infected, tomorrow.  I know how miserable that can be when you have tooth problems, so I know that we won't be going anywhere this Saturday, there is no way it will be resolved by then.  I'll miss not seeing him, but I moved forward and made plans for tomorrow night.

I did talk to the "age appropriate man" and he asked me out to dinner Friday night at a very lovely restaurant.  I'm going to meet him there and see if we have anything in common besides our close proximity in age.  He sounded fine on the phone, but one never knows when you meet someone in person.  I do think that you do learn something from everyone you meet, good or bad.

He has his own company but is only working part time.  He is from Boston, and yes, he has the Boston accent.  He said he thought I was from the East Coast since he thought I had an accent too.  I didn't comment on his, he brought it up, so he is aware of it.  He said that people sometimes don't understand him.  He has  not been in California that long, where as I've been out here for over forty years.  You would think I wouldn't have any accent at all.  Who knew?

Tomorrow is a facial and eyelash tint day.  I had this planned prior to knowing I was going out to dinner so I can't say I'm trying to fluff myself up for Mr. 1950's.  I just like to fluff myself up for me.

Nothing else going on right now, so will close.  

No comments:

Post a Comment