Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Moving along.....

Yesterday, Tuesday, was a housework and clothes washing day until five thirty in the afternoon.  MP who was going to call to confirm on Monday, didn't.  I decided to lay low and not contact him.  I did talk to him Sunday and he was still nursing his wounds.

Five thirty came and I headed down the freeway to go to dinner and attend my Veterans meeting.  We packed sixteen boxes to send to our troops.  They had tee shirts, candy, wipes, toiletries and various other things that they need that our government obviously doesn't supply.  These are all donated items.

I found out one disturbing fact.  There are two veterans homes in our area,  filled with  Vet Nam Vets and obviously they live on nothing.  One of the women that chaired a club said that they got nothing new and even had to take their own toilet paper to the John when they went to the bathroom.  It is appalling how our disabled vets live.

I think that dignity is important and they did give their mind, limbs and soul to protect us in that hated war in Viet Nam.  They were doing their duty to our country and a popular war or not they deserve better.

After dinner I went into another meeting where another man who was a Commander of Disabled Vets, gave a talk.  It was a big eye opener for me as this was the first time I really got involved in anything of this kind.  I plan to give more of myself in this area.

When I returned home that evening I had a phone message from my "age appropriate man," he was asking if I would please join he and his son, who was flying out from the East Coast, for lunch on Saturday.  I also had an email from a younger guy who lives fairly close, asking for my cell number so that he could call me.  Also several men in Texas have contacted me.  Silly, as there is no chance in hell of meeting them.  Oh well, at least they are trying.

Since I was not sure what MP was doing and although he said he was leaning to coming to see me on Thursday, I thought, why not hedge my bets.  I agreed to both requests. MP sometimes, gets so tied up in his life that he forgets what he says. He does burn the candle at both ends most of the time.

Today, Wednesday, I heard from MP this morning. I was a gnats a-- away from texting him and thank God I didn't.  Right before I was going to pick up the phone he called. Patience has never been my strong suit.  He was arranging his schedule to be able to come and see me on Thursday.  He has to drive almost two hundred miles, round trip, to come to Orange County, and he does.

He was having problems with his workers and was not happy, yet once again, with the way the week was going.  However, when I asked him what he wanted when he came to see me, his instant response was , "You."....hen he laughed and said wasn't that fast and he didn't even have to think about it.  A gold star on his chart. He really is my poison of choice.

I wish I could find someone I could relate to as I relate to him and I'm trying.  I don't want to shoot down a perfectly nice man because I'm an idiot when it comes to MP.  He makes me feel like I'm in my twenties again.  He can be a caveman but then be so loving.  It is all about the chemistry.  Boy, do we have it!

So far that is what has transpired this week.  I heard from an ex neighbor of mine and made arrangements to go to dinner next week.  I called to check on another friend to see if she was okay.  Then touched base with a friend that I'm going to Easter dinner with in Newport Beach.  All in all it has been a good week so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment