Sunday, April 10, 2011

WEEKEND NEWS...

 Saturday morning I did meet the man, who was short, and my age.  He was delightful and funny but he just wasn't for me.  We had a nice breakfast and talked for about two hours.  He really wanted to go out again and launched into this story about going to Aspen and breaking his ankle some years ago, which I haven't figured out how that was related to anything. Another reason not to ski.  I came home and ended up emailing him that I wouldn't be available to date him.  I think he thought it was a done deal but I just didn't want to waste his time or mine.
 
I attended a function last night.  It was a dinner/dance and a couple I know invited me.  I have a very pretty grey chiffon cocktail dress with a halter neckline and handkerchief bottom that I wore.  It got me very noticed not only by the men but the women were coming up to me and telling me how nice I looked.  Gratifying at my age to know that I clean up okay.  False eyelashes helped a lot too.

They were introducing the new officers of the club and the second in command didn't have a date so he asked me to join him on the stage and walk down the steps when he was introduced.  I did and it seemed to be well accepted by the crowd.  Duty done.

This afternoon another man, age seventy six, that lives in my town wanted to get together for lunch.  I again told him I hadn't had much luck with men my age, but was willing to meet him and see where it goes.  I don't know why I sent him an email, but what the heck, why not try.

Also a younger guy wants to meet and said he like my profile.  I told him that I would meet him and it was in  his ball court to figure out where and when. 

MP called this morning, which he seldom does on a weekend.  I was in the shower and got his message checking to see if I was okay and if my knee felt alright.  He is out of town again, so I figured he must have been bored, wherever he was.  I texted him back and said I was fine. 

Tomorrow is a lunch with the man that looks like MP...I seem to be keeping pretty busy just sorting through the myriad of men out there.  I have been contacted by thousands, literally, and only a few are of any interest to me.

So tomorrow will be here before I know it.  The weather is glorious and I'm hoping the meeting goes well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment