Wednesday, April 13, 2011

GOOD MORNING

Yesterday was a long one.  I went to the fashion show and did what I was suppose to do.  Not only were hats modeled, there was a company there selling them.  I am always one to keep the economy going so I did buy another one.  It was fun modeling the pretty hats that haven't really been around, for most people, since the fifties. Now a place to wear them.

For some reason the last six months I have gone on a hat buying spree.  I bought two while I was in Sarasota, Florida, two here in California, a sun hat and another one in Hawaii.  I think my hat buying days are over.  The sun ones can be worn a lot, but the others, not so much.  I love wearing them, but the down side is you have hat hair and have to keep them on all day.

I'm going to a yacht club for Easter brunch and will get a chance to wear one of  my hats then.  The club is very pretty, like a Four Seasons hotel, not your ordinary yacht club, so it will be appropriate.  I'm going with two girlfriends of mine.  MP will be in Texas with his one son's family.

So after the show and lunch I returned home to rest.  I had another meeting that night that I wanted to attend.  I recently joined the Elks, mostly to work with a charity for Vets,  I think I need to give back a little something.  I would love to work with animals at our local non-kill shelter, but I know me, and I would be either crying or taking them all home.  So, the next best thing is people. 

I met a group of people for dinner and the meeting (blew my caloric intake this day.)  The meeting was a little long and afterwards another couple asked me to go for an Irish Coffee with them at a local restaurant. I'm not a night coffee drinker, but I thought I would just order a regular drink and join them.  I told them I meet them
 at the place which was on the way home..

I walked into the restaurant and there at the bar sat a man I had met about three months ago.  He is a law enforcement officer and hears felons stories before they are sent before a Judge.  He use to be a police officer for Los Angeles County but had retired from that position and now was on a second career.  He said he had been coming into this restaurant/bar to look for me for months.  Since I've been traveling a lot and only go there usually for dinner, I hadn't made an appearance.

The other couple came in and joined us at the bar.  It was a nice evening, albeit long, for me.  When I left, I made a promise to come back on the same night the following week, after my meeting, to meet him.  I might or might not.  Just easier to say I would then go through the usual dance.

Just for the record he is in his late sixties, tall and appears to maybe be Hispanic., although I wouldn't take that to the bank. A nice man.  Not really my type of guy but very pleasant to talk to about generalities.

The older men have been contacting me lately on the sites.  I heard from one seventy six and one in his late sixties.  I have on my profile that I prefer a younger man but the older ones come to the forefront anyway.  I have a couple of phone numbers they sent me and might call if I'm bored.


MP called me yesterday morning from out of state.  He was having a bad day and cranky.  Not with me but with his business associates and at his meetings.  He had had a dental procedure the previous day and was in pain and the Vicodin wasn't helping.  He talked to me for a long time, which was unusual for him as he is always in a hurry.  ADD I think.  But this day he was not willing to hang the phone up any time soon.  He is coming home late tonight and may or may not be coming South tomorrow to go to a job site.  He will stop to see me if he does.  He was crabbing about how homely the women were where he was and how they didn't dress up and didn't wear heels.  Ever the Mr. Blackwell.  I just told him that would make him appreciate me all the more.  Funny man!

So today is another day of doing what I want to do.  Lunch with friends, God forbid I didn't eat, and then a nail appointment.  I'm planning on answering more of the men on the sites to see what happens.  In keeping with being a Cougar, a guy nineteen contacted me yesterday.  Good Grief!

Hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment