Monday, April 18, 2011

Sunday..

Yesterday was a beautiful day outside. I decided to go to the local Market Place, which is California's version of a swap meet. Everything is new, so swap meet isn't exactly correct.  I wanted to get silver license plate holders with palm trees.  I was told that this was the only place I could get them other then ordering on line. 

I left the house about 1:00pm and drove south towards the beach.  The meet is held at the fairgrounds.  I wasn't the only one that had the idea of going to the meet.  It took me over an hour to go ten miles. That is one of the bad things in California, way to many people, but with that being said, what makes it bad, makes it good.  You can find anything you want. After paying five dollars to park, two dollars to get in the place and walking through hoards of scantily dressed people I found the booth that had the holders.

I can assure you that this will be the very last time I ever go to this place.  There were more weird people there, a mix between trailer park and gang bangers.  I hurriedly made my purchase and headed out.   On the way out I was hailed down by a vendor that was behind his booth.  He was whistling and yelling about what a pretty lady I was....egad, does no one have any decorum anymore.  I will say I was dressed better then any of the people there, nothing special, black tennis shoes, blue jeans, a black long sleeve, square necked top and a black big brimmed hat.  It is always sunny and I'm loath to get a sun burn.  I kept walking hoping to get out of there, which I did.

I hadn't had lunch so I continued down to the beach and went to a seafood restaurant.  The Lakers game was on at the bar and they were serving food there so I opted to sit on a bar stool, order a drink and lunch.  The bars patrons were an older crowd and mostly yacht owners.  At least they weren't acting like morons.  There was a couple that started talking to me and it turned out to be a very nice afternoon. It is always nice to have pleasant people who want to converse.  I stayed about three hours then headed home.

I had emailed MP earlier that morning to find out how he was doing.  He answered that with cognac and pills he was feeling better. My other request was that he try to come to see me either on Wednesday or Thursday.  He had mentioned Tuesday but that day is a bad one for me.  I have a meeting and need to attend so I can get labels and so forth out for our Veterans.  He said that was fine and he would let me know today, Monday.

MP is going out of town again this weekend but will be back the early part of the week.  I'm leaving for Colorado the following week and we crisscross schedules, as usual.  I swear we have the worst time arranging to meet.  We do manage but it isn't easy.

I went to my computer and there were a few men on the sites and I just basically deleted them.  So, that was my Sunday and although the weather was glorious, today, Monday, is over cast, cold and starting to rain.  Mother Nature has not been consistent so far this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment