Friday, April 1, 2011

Hot, Hot, Hot......

The hot refers to the weather....it is another ninety degree day.  What's going on?  Spent the morning working on helping to get together a fashion show that is being held tomorrow for the Emblem Club #530.  No one knows how much work goes into these shows.

Normally I model, but with my knee it wasn't going to work this year.  The next best thing was helping with center pieces, putting tickets in the booklets being handed out and decorating.  I must  say the ballroom looks very nice.  There will be about 275 people attending tomorrow.  A little down from the previous times but then the price of a ticket went up.  The economy has a lot to do with charity events like this one.

You would think since I was working with women that there wouldn't be any men involved, but "oh no."  After finishing the various jobs the ladies decided to have lunch.  I ran into a man that I know from the club and he asked me if I was going to the Long Beach Grand Prix.

 I have never attended the auto race in all the years that I've been in California, but there is a first time for everything.  He is with the District Attorney's office and from what I can gather they have a huge tented area where they gather for drinks and food for the several days of the race.  He is going to email details and said he could get me a ticket to attend the race plus the party tent.  I have to think about that one.  I'm not much into the auto racing crowd as they seem to be a little rough around the edges.  Maybe this is different, but somehow I doubt it.  I'll wait for the email.

I also ran into another man that I knew from years ago that worked with my husband in the liquor industry.  He had just acquired his eleventh car as a collector.  He collects cars like some men collect women.  I was kidding him about the cars being a substitute for sex.  Maybe so!

So ,now I'm home. MP hasn't called me yet to tell me about his Dr. appointment.  I'm going to stay home and rest the balance of the day, not for him but for me.

I'll post more later should there be any developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment