Monday, April 25, 2011

MONDAY...

This is the day after Easter.  Yesterday was an overcast, drizzly day but it wasn't cold.  Nancy and I had a lovely late brunch at the Balboa Bay Club.  The brunch we had consisted of cheese blintzes, turkey sausage, eggs Benedict, Endive salad or smoked salmon, bread pudding or fruit and mimosas.  We opted out of the mimosas and ordered regular cocktails instead.  Wonder what the poor people did?  It was made even better by being treated by my good and dear friend Nancy.  Lucky me!

I wore my new big brimmed hat and had a lot of comments on it from various women, some of them coming up to the table to tell me they loved the hat.   Even the mat re d came over and said he wished more women would dress that way.  I still love getting dressed up, even if California and most of the country are pretty casual.  The disadvantage of wearing a hat is you end up with hat- hair.  Since I was going straight home after brunch it really didn't matter.

The computer fixer man came over today to see what was wrong with my printer.  I was trying to print my manuscript out and Susan had come over a day or so ago and tried to fix things.  Well, the thing was unplugged.  Since I can't get down on my knees I didn't have a clue. My desk abuts the wall and the printer sits against it,  I was feeling pretty stupid after he told me what was wrong.  He fixed a few other things that needed fixed, so the trip, for him, and the amount I had to pay him wasn't a total loss.  Computers will be the death of me.

The dating sites are pretty quiet today.  I did hear from a man in Hemet, which is miles away, and again not my type of man.  He wanted to talk to me.  I sent him an email and said I didn't think we would have anything in common ,that seems to be the case with most of the men that contact me. He sent me an email thanking me for letting him know and that was that.


More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment