Monday, July 25, 2011

BENIGN SUNDAY...

It was confirmed by a phone call last, night by a women that I know, that she and her husband wanted me to come to a breakfast at 10:00 a.m, today, Sunday.  I'm not much of a morning person especially since I didn't fall asleep until 4:00 a.m.  I went to bed early but just couldn't get to sleep.  I managed to get up and I really wasn't very tired, much to my surprise.  I don't know what this not sleeping is about, it is driving me crazy.

The breakfast was good and company entertaining.  Afterwards I came home to read the paper and relax.  The iPhone made its noise that indicated that I had received a message.  I checked it out and it was"Studio Man".  I hadn't heard from him for a week and figured he had gone off the radar.  He is a little like Desi, by the fact that he has a very complicated life. His problems were more then one that included his mother and brother being in an accident, his job making demands that were unreasonable and a lot of other things that just took up his time.  I had told him that I wouldn't be able to see him until August, so I wasn't surprised by the fact that he hadn't  called me for a week.

He did contact me and said he wanted to come see me.  I told him to call me later since I was tired from my "eyes wide open" all night and really didn't want to do anything but stay home and go to bed early.Well, as usual he got tied up with his business and didn't make it, although he did call three times.  I was not upset by that but happy that I had the evening to myself.  I've put on enough makeup and false eyelashes this last week.

Then I was contacted by a man from one of the sites that said he was sixty two.  He wanted me to call him or vice versa.  We matched in our profiles in a lot of area so I sent him by cell number.  Again, he could call me.  I talked to him for a while and he was pretty interesting.  The downside was he was fifty not sixty two, which is just a little to young as far as I'm concerned. He said that he had put his age as older because he wanted to attract older women.  His statements were like all the other younger men, he preferred older women.  His rationale was that they had more to talk about and weren't dumb, in most cases.  He kept saying he was a gentleman and he had grand kids, like that has anything to do with anything, especially the grand kid statement.  I didn't say anything to him when he announced that he was looking for a permanent relationship.  Now, can't you just see me with a man that age.  I suppose I should think ahead and plan on someone younger that can take care of me when I'm in my dotage, which is just around the corner.  He was leaving town for the week, this week, and said he would call me when he returned.  After we hung up he sent me an email that said, "you are wonderful."  Ego boost again. Little does he know I can be a really "bitch.", so much for wonderful. I don't think I'll meet him.

The other contact I had was from a man forty nine.....they are getting younger, that said, "you are beautiful and I would be proud to have you on my arm."   I tell  you that if for no other reason, be the statements true or not, it fluffs one up to get all these compliments.  These guys should see me when I wake up in the morning..Yikes!

Off to get my polish changed on my nails.  Lunch tomorrow for a good friend for her birthday.

Good day to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment