Saturday, July 23, 2011

SATURDAY MORNING....

I just finished a great conversation, via phone, with my brother.  He had a cousin and his family at his place in Colorado, for a week, and he really enjoyed them.  I'm glad he got to play catch up with relatives and that they all had a good time together.  I'm so happy that my brother and I have such a good relationship.  He is special to me.

Last night, Friday, I met a group of people for drinks and conversation.  I had two drinks and then decided I should probably eat something.  They weren't serving food at the place I met them so I decided to drive up to a restaurant where I know the entertainer.  Prior to that the people I met asked me join them for breakfast on Sunday and I agreed.

I left and went in to the restaurant, sat and ordered filet mignon tacos....they were tiny little bar food tacos, delicious and enough.  I had one drink, which made it three in five hours, and left to go home.  As I was leaving the entertainer shrugged his shoulders and mouthed where are you going?  I mouthed, home.  He blew me a kiss and I waved and off I went to go home.  It was around 9:30 and a good time to get back to the house and relax.

My life has changed so much and actually for the better. I feel like I'm finally living again after being in jail with my husband, who was so ill for so long.  I have found me again, which is a good thing. I have no problem going to places by myself...I did this for years when I was younger.  If you stay behind the walls of your house you whither and stagnate.  That isn't me.

The big surprise is that I heard from a man from one of the sites that I hadn't heard from for months.  He emailed me and said that I was still a lovely possibility.  He sent his phone number and I thought if he wanted to contact me he could call me.  I sent him my cell phone number and yesterday he called.  He lives in Los Angeles but comes to Orange County and knew of several restaurants.  He suggested that we meet this coming week, when he returned, and wanted me to pick the best restaurant in town, which I did.  It was between the Balboa Bay Club or The Ritz.  He said he had a table at the Ritz that he liked so we decided to go there.

This man is an entertainer and does t.v. shows.  He was headed up to Van Couver to tape a t.v. show the first couple of days of the week, but would be coming back.  So Wednesday is the day we are meeting.  Since Desi is out of town until Wednesday and won't be seeing me until Saturday I need to keep entertained.  I never find anyone to compare with Desi, but it keeps me busy and I enjoy going out.  As I said before, you learn something from everyone you meet.

I'm home today and will piddle around the house and stay home tonight.  I'm happy with the way my life is going and will try to enjoy everyday for what it is.  That is all any of us can do.

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment