Sunday, July 31, 2011

LAST NIGHT....

I attended the fund raiser alone, but not alone.  I was with long time friends and it was fun to see everyone and play catch up.  I'm so blessed to have so many good people in my life.  Hopefully they don't mind me being a fifth wheel.....goodness knows I have tried to drag Desi to events, but most of the time to no avail.  A few people questioned where the handsome man was that I had been with at the last function. 

I'm trying to wrap my head around all the things I have to do.  This coming week is turning out to be packed with meetings and lunches/dinners.  Mostly with people that are also working on the various events that will be going on in the next year.  I'm going to try to get together with my step grand kids for either a lunch or dinner, if I can fit it in.  I'm starting out the week attending a memorial service for a dear friend of mine that passed.  He and his wife were part of a football group that used to get together every Monday at each other's houses.

I'll see if Desi comes down tomorrow after he arrives back from the South.  I can't imagine him flying all day and then driving to see me.  I think he wasn't thinking clearly when he emailed that he would do that.  I gave him the out in a text I sent him today stating that surely he would be to tired. 

I should get something done around the house but sitting and relaxing today sounds like a better idea.

Adios for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment