Wednesday, July 27, 2011

CONNECTION.....

Yesterday was a day that found me getting a lot of errands done.  I sometimes wonder how I got things accomplished  when I worked.  Six different places in several hours.

 When I came home and went on the computer to check my emails. I immediately had a Yahoo IM from the thirty four year old poet/lyric writer.  He has been contacting me for about a week or so and we have chatted on IM.  Everything was fine until yesterday.  He announced that I was driving him crazy!  Now I would think that it was because of his age he went over the deep and became sexually verbal.  He had asked me to send him a picture,, prior to his losing his mind, which I did on IM......I never should have sent the picture, he has seen me on the site he contacted me on.  Although the picture was very benign and not sexy in anyway his reaction was not expected by me.  Boy's will be boys I guess.  I will not be answering any of his messages any more.  It really is a shame because he was very interesting to chat with and his command of the language was superb.  I did tell him I was old enough to be his grandmother and his response to that was, "he liked older women"..Really!

Tuesday, I went to lunch with several gals that have been long time friends.  It was one of our friends birthday coming up and since she has been out of the country we had to plan on a day when she would be available.  We went to a favorite restaurant of all of ours, Bistango.  They have good food and everyone was happy.  We played catch up for awhile and enjoyed each others company as we have for thirty plus years.

I left the restaurant before any of them.  I had a meeting for the Veterans and needed to go home to change and then drive up to the place the meeting was being held. When I walked into the room where the meeting was going to be held I ran into a DA that I know.  He wanted to talk and I again enjoyed his company.  He was sweet enough to buy my dinner, which I didn't expect. It ended up that the meeting was short and I left there and went to Quinn's.

Quinn's is like a Cheers. Everyone knows everyone knows everyone.  I met a couple of people I knew plus the owner.  One of the men is a police officer and he was ordering dinner.  I also ran into the man that I went to Bowers with.....he wanted to make another date to go somewhere and I hope I got the message across that it was a no.  The reason is he is just to old but still thinks he is Casanova.

I stayed about an hour and just when I was going to leave this man came in to the place.  He was extremely jovial and buying drinks for everyone.  It turned out he was making the rounds and good for him, he wasn't driving.  He had a driver waiting in the parking lot.  He gave me his card and asked that I call him.  I probably won't, but then maybe I will.  Depends if Desi pisses me off.

Speaking of Desi, he is winging his way home from the deep South.  He said he wouldn't be getting in until eleven tonight and then I'm sure he needs to hit the ground running for the next couple of days since he has been gone for a week.  It was an unusual move for him to make by calling me on Monday and contacting me last week only two days after he left.  We do have a date this Saturday so we play catch up with each other.  Since he is chatty Cathy he spent most of the time telling me what the "boys" had been up to.  It really did sound like a boy vacation.  Fishing, hunting and boating....

I know people don't understand our odd relationship, if you can call it that, but it works for us.  It just has to play out the way it plays out.  I have no expectations and neither does he, which is good for now.  It may change for me,, down the line, but I'm having a good time and I don't need someone in my life twenty four seven.  I did that for forty years plus.

I'm off to meet someone for dinner.  Will report tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment