Friday, July 8, 2011

TOUCHING BASE

I had lunch today with someone that I worked with in 1966. Through the years we have kept in touch off an on and maybe see each other once a year or so for lunch. He is now seventy nine. I know his two daughters and recently went to a wedding shower for one of them last year. I find it interesting that most of my friends have been around between thirty and forty plus years. I also have been making new ones, and yes, most of them are women.

We had a great lunch and I really enjoyed our time together talking. For some reason we have always been on the same waive length. We vowed to try to get together more often. He lives a long way away from me and even though we met half way it still took him forty minutes to drive from his house to the restaurant.

So to go on with the saga of the men. Mr. studio guy contacted me via text and was still sick. He has kept in touch with me almost everyday and says he misses me. I don't know how that can be since I've only been out to dinner with him once, and that was the end of May. Nice to know I make a lasting impression.

Last night I was contacted online by another man that says he is a CEO of a big San Diego company. Who knows if that is true. He had his faced blocked on the site and when I asked him why he said he didn't want the office girls to know he was on a dating site. He did put down he was mixed race.....hmmmm.

He IM me for along time and was talking about about taking me shopping. Seemed he liked nylons and satin....I am beginning to think that there are no normal, whatever that is, guys out there. He said if I would drive to San Diego during the week to meet him, he would make it worth my while. I think NOT! The real rub was this guy was only thirty nine. One would think he could find someone young and close by if he was as wealthy as he said he. He did say he flew a couple of women to Las Vegas but nothing came of meeting them.

Also, the man that was in Italy IM me, but as I was chatting with San Diego I declined his contact.

MP is roasting in the Southwest. He could be anywhere. I've heard from him ,briefly, he was checking up to see if I'm okay. Actually I am better. The doctor gave me really strong pills and I think they are working.

Today was the dentist for a cleaning, the I met some people for lunch and then grocery shopping. It is so hot outside it is miserable.

So that is it for my funny life......I keep thinking that one of these days someone will show up that is acceptable. If not, I really don't mind being by myself. It is actually pretty nice.

Stay Cool

No comments:

Post a Comment