Thursday, July 28, 2011

DATE....

When I talked to Desi I told him I hadn't been out with anyone.  Well technically that was true at the time.  I negated that last night when I met a man at the Ritz Restaurant for dinner.  I probably wouldn't have done this had it not been a really upscale restaurant.  This man was an entertainer and magician.  I have never like magic.  I have always put magic in the same light as clowns, which freak me out. I think it is the idea that magicians can fool you and I don't like that, clowns on the other hand are just plain creepy.

This man drove from the West side, which is about sixty miles away, to meet me.  He was sixty years old, looked older then the picture he had on the site where he contacted me. He was a nice looking  man,  although as I said, older looking then his posted picture.  He has been contacting me since before Christmas last year, off and on.  Meeting him had never worked out until last night.

He brought a little bag of tricks, literally.  I don't know why he felt the need to do that unless he wanted me to know that he actually was a magician.  I sat through several card tricks and a coin trick.  He was very talkative and told me all about his life and what he wanted in a "soul mate."  I find that all these men are at different points in their life then I am and are looking for a permanent relationship.

He told me I could order anything I wanted and he didn't care whether I took one bite of what I ordered or not.  He said he wanted to be sure that I was happy and that he would be willing to spoil me.  I don't know why it is that I can't reciprocate the same feelings to the men I meet.  It gets to be such old hat with the same statements from all of them.  It is like things are scripted and of course to a man they start talking about what a great sex life we would have together and how they would make me happy.  I'd be a lot happier if they just shut the hell up about it.

We parted ways after the meal, which was excellent by the way, he paid the valet and they brought my car up.  I turned to give him a hug good bye and he latched on and kissed me which ended up being a very intimate kiss on his part....Ick!  I don't think I want to see this man again, like all the others.  I'm beginning to feel like a serial dater and I think I should just not bother going out anymore. 

I will say I do get taken to the best places and wined and dined.  I always had that in my youth so although it is great to go to these wonderful places, I've been there, done that and it isn't that thrilling, especially since the person you are with doesn't make you happy.

So another man, another date, and another "no go."  Desi tells me I'm shopping, maybe, but I think I'm just window shopping and really don't want to buy.

Onward and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment